Question:
Roth IRA contributions -tax file?
pstvat
2006-03-28 15:41:36 UTC
Do I need to file any form for Roth IRA contributions? If yes, How will I file for 2005 contributions made in 2006?
Three answers:
linkUS
2006-03-28 18:33:51 UTC
Roth IRA is an after tax retirement account. As the funds go into the account they were made after taxes were paid. I am thinking that the IRS is informed when the deposit is made. You may receive a form that tells you what was reported to the IRS. Generally as long as the deposit is recorded before April 15 it can be reported as 2005 deposit. It must be part of the 2005 1040.

Don't quote me, hope it helps.
artkrny
2006-03-29 06:05:24 UTC
There are NO additional forms to file, with your 2005 IRS 1040, in regards to making a 2005 ROTH IRA Contribution.
TaxGuru
2006-03-28 16:51:23 UTC
No, you do not need to file a form for Roth IRA contributions, according to the IRS.