Question:
I put the wrong checking account # on my tax return! How will I get my refund? What will the IRS do?
lannom311
2006-01-25 19:39:32 UTC
I put the wrong checking account # on my tax return! How will I get my refund? What will the IRS do?
Two answers:
Wayne H
2006-01-26 00:57:43 UTC
I will take bets that your return will be processed as filed and the refund will go to the bank and account as stated on your return.

It is too late to call the IRS. Call your bank and make them aware of the situlation. They may be able to properly deposit the funds to your account when received. The bank may hold the funds because the name and account information received from the IRS will not match their records.

As backup:

File a second return. Make two copies.

Mark all pages on the first copy "AS FILED"

Mark all pages on the second copy "AMENDED". Place new original signature(s) and dates on the second copy.

Place the second copy on top of the first copy,

This may save you filing a formal amended return.
Help me please!
2006-01-25 19:47:06 UTC
Why don't you call them and tell them you made a mistake and give them the correct number.